I’m extremely flattered to receive another award from Janet and kitties at The Cat On My Head! Thank you so much, Janet, Lily Olivia, Misty May, Mauricio, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo. And Happy Cat Day to you, too! 🙂
And to all my friends here on WordPress – I just wanted to take the time to extend a thank you to you, as well. I’m so surprised and grateful that you have taken me under your wing on this site and have made me feel connected and accepted. THANK YOU! Really, I can’t express my gratitude enough! I have been constantly amazed at the sense of comradery amongst cat/dog guardians and rescue workers. And I’m honored to be a part of it!
If you haven’t read The Cat On My Head yet, you should! There’s a call of submissions on her page that I think you would be interested in!
I’ve been away for the past week and was extremely surprised to find out that I was a recipient of the Multi-cat Blog Award! 🙂 This was awarded by Janet and the lovely kitties at The Cat On My Head. Check them out! It’s a great blog that’s fun to read. 🙂
So, a special thank you goes out to Janet and the kitties that awarded my kitties and me this honor – Blue, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, and the honorary kitties, Bailey and Nylablue. Thank you so much! I look forward to reading about your feline adventures! 🙂
Don’t forget to subscribe to their blog: The Cat On My Head!!
I know I haven’t posted in a week or so, but I was flattered and surprised when I received a comment from Susan P., author of The Curious Introvert blog. I would like to extend a warm, heartfelt thank you to Susan! I appreciate the encouragement! 🙂
As per the rules of the Super Sweet Blogging Award, I have answered the following questions below:
1. Cookies or cake? Vegan cake, please!
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? I prefer vanilla over chocolate, unless it’s vegan dark chocolate smothering shredded coconut – then I can’t resist.
3. Favorite sweet treat? Vegan carrot cake or vegan green tea cake, or a granny smith apple!
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? Usually when I haven’t had them in a long time. I’m not much of a sweet tooth.
5. Sweet nickname? I don’t have one! 😦
- Mary J Melange
- No Paws Left Behind
- Bad Cat Chris
- The Blessing of Companion Animals
- Loonies for Paws
- Cats in Tow Rescue Program
- Hands on Bowie
- My Feral Family
- Baby Boy and Ms. Kitty
- Cats & Co.
- Me, You, and Zu
I encourage you to read through the blogs listed above. Their stories will make you laugh, cry, and touch your heart.
Again, a HUGE THANK YOU TO SUSAN P.!!!! 🙂
Thank you so much to MaryJMelange, who nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I am truly flattered! 🙂
As per the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award, I nominate the following Blogs:
And here are seven things about me unknown to the Bloggers I nominated:
- I am vegan – I have been vegan for over 10 years and I was vegetarian for 12 years before that. Despite being vegan, fruit is the least desirable food to me. I’ll only eat apples, grapes, and oranges. The smell of bananas and beef nauseate me.
- I write fiction – specifically in the horror genre. Many of the themes and storylines of my stories are inspired by nightmares and animal cruelty cases.
- I am a bibliophile – I can’t stop reading. If I don’t read for more than a day, I start to have panic attacks. My ideal vacation is sitting home lost in a novel with a cat on my lap. If I didn’t have responsibilities to tend to, I’d easily read a 300 pg. + book each day.
- I am very specific about my writing instruments – so much so, that I only write with two types of pens: Pilot Easy Touch Ballpoint Fine Point and Pilot P-500 Extra Fine.
- I am even pickier with paper stock – all journals or notebooks I buy must have the following features: very dark ruling lines, narrow spacing, medium to heavy weight, and extremely smooth. I can spend hours running my fingertips over paper surfaces of every notebook and/or journal in an office supply store and go home empty-handed. For this reason, I can’t order specialty journals online.
- I want to open a cat sanctuary – granted I become a NY Times Best Seller sensation or win the lotto. My fantasy cat sanctuary would be for the “unadoptable” kitties and those who are at risk for euthanasia because they aren’t given a proper chance at adoption, with a staff of caretakers, socializers, and in-house vet.
- I have a bad habit of correcting people when words are used incorrectly – I love words. The dictionary is one of my best friends. One of my majors was English. Enough said.
Thank you again, MaryJMelange for your nomination! And thank you to those I have nominated for sharing your world with me.